Monday, May 13, 2013

week one

Not fun. Not fun at all!!

Seriously, this week has been a struggle for sure. What I have realized with this diet is that it takes way more time than I am used to. For breakfast, I used to have a bowl of cereal. Well, since that bowl of cereal has milk, grains and sugar, that is no longer one of my options. I have had eggs every freaking day. And since I cannot have ketchup or cheese on those eggs, they get old pretty fast.

I have also found that I am never really full. It is hard when taking out foods that are heavy, because I always feel hungry! After a few days of struggling, I decided to experiment with a few recipes.

My first recipe was to fulfill my sweet tooth. Coconut butter was definitely a success. (Click the link to go to the recipe) It was super easy and I actually loved how it tasted. So good to use as a fruit dip or a frosting of some sort.

Second, I tried to fulfill my bread craving. Lemon Blueberry Muffins I would not recommend. I was confused at first as to why it called for five times the amount of eggs compared to the almond flour. Well it definitely showed up in the final product. The texture was eggy instead of flour-y like bread is, and they weren't as sweet as I thought they would be.

Lastly, I decided to attempt to get myself full. What is better to do the job than rice, right? Well Paleo rice is actually only cauliflower. I am usually not a cauliflower fan, but I gave it a try anyway. YES, YES, YES! I took this to a paleo potluck and it was a huge hit! The best thing about this is not that there is three ingredients, or that it tastes like rice, but it takes 8 minutes to make! Badda-bing!

I have not seen any changes in my body, but I have noticed the way that I feel. I have more energy, I am more conscious about how much I eat, and I never get sick from overeating. My work outs have been fueled correctly and I don't burn out as easily.

I have three more weeks to go, so I will continue to press on. I owe 60 burpees... I know, I know, I am a slacker. But hey that is only TWO mess ups in seven days. Pat on the back for me.

xoxo, McCall Rose