Thursday, October 11, 2012

My sister is now a sister

Sister Lacee Rae Frampton was called to serve in the Cleveland, Ohio mission and was to report yesterday, October 10, 2012. I am so overwhelmingly excited for her and her decision to serve the Lord for 18 months. This last week there were feelings of stress, excitement, anxiety, sadness, nervousness, and joy. It was so fun to get her all packed up and send her on her way. Her "last supper" was her choice of The Cheesecake Factory. I did not complain one bit seeing that it is one of my favorite restaurants. Not only was it the original Frampton 6 that attended, but we were lucky enough to have Dallin's cute girlfriend, Carlynn, and my adorable Justin join us.

After a long meal of good food and tons of laughs, we headed home to have Sister Frampton be set apart. I was touched as people that loved my sister poured through our front door to say their final goodbyes. Both of our cute Grandmas came, My aunt Heidi and her family, and Lacee's best friend Hilary and her husband Eric came. As we went around the circle and told Lacee what we would all miss most about her I could not help but to just CRY! I was so happy for her, but I just couldn't help how much I'd miss her.

The prayer that set her apart, that President Featherstone gave, was so perfect and fitting for Lacee and the journey she was about to embark on. When the prayer was ended and I first saw my sister, there was no denying the glow that was about her. It was then that I knew she was 100% ready.

The next morning was filled with hustle and bustle as Lacee finished cramming last minute things in her bags and zipping them shut. It was almost like we were all too stressed to really be sad.

Living in Provo for the past year and a half, I have driven past that MTC countless times. Of course I always look in or across the street to see if I can spot a familiar Elder or Sister. This time, pulling up to the MTC was my worst nightmare. There were cars lined up down the street filled with their nervous and groomed missionaries ready to be dropped off (or pretending like they were ready). The cute seniot missionary man that greeted us at the gate was smiling ear to ear and he said "This is just a great day!" .... at the time I couldn't disagree more.

Driving along this curb I couldn't believe how many elders looked so happy. COME ON! you are stuck within these walls boys... Why do you look so happy? Anyway, my dad picked an open spot on the curb close to six young elders with big HOST stickers on their shirts. I got out of car and awkwardly stood on this curb while these six excited missionaries watched the tears start flowing heavily from my eyes. It finally hit me that I would not have my sister for 18 months. I could not hear her laugh, could not call her when I needed her, could not have sleepovers with her, and could not whisper her my secrets FOR EIGHTEEN MONTHS. It was a very unfortunate time for all of these emotions to start making their way into my brain when I had a whole 30 seconds to say goodbye.

I got one final squeeze in and managed to get a "you'll be amazing" out.

Watching her walk away with two trailing missionaries weighed down by her two oversized bags managed to make me laugh away the tears. I realized what an impact all of these elders and all of these sisters will have from all parts of the world. One single missionary might get discouraged by the numbers of baptisms they have, but what they should realize is the holy army they are apart of. I am truly grateful for her commitment to serve and for ALL of the missionaries for that matter. The gospel is an amazing truth that needs to be shared with the world, and that will change people's lives for the better.













I'll see you soon, sis
 xoxo