Friday, December 7, 2012

shine bright like a diamond

can anyone tell me what happened to rihanna? anyone remember the spunky "pon de replay" girl we all wanted to be?... well her new song (shine bright like a diamond) is quite possibly the worst confirmation of her downfall since brittney spears' if you seek amy....

the only reason why i decided to title this post after that song, is because it recently has been the number one hit on McCall's "stuck in my head" list. maybe talking about it will get it out of my head.... or just make it worse.

so, like every other utah resident, we ventured to temple square to enjoy the lights and a hot cup of drank. i decided to soak in the experience and do like most everyone else does by posting their fav pic to instagram... oh well. after i got 113 likes, i got over it.

its a december activity that i look forward to, and that still makes my jaw drop. if you dont know me very well, let me inform you about my obsessive love with sparkles. temple square is an uninterrupted bowl of sparkly-ness and it just makes me happy.

The lovely couples... that is my brother and his tiny, beautiful, soon-to-be fiance, Carlyn

i think we were looking at someone taking a pic on my phone... quite possibly the one that was posted to insta



it was windy.... and cold

k i dunno why this seems to be our trademark...
it is embarrassing and hideous.
but it makes us laugh every time we do it... whatever. 

almost forgot.... im missing my sister.
while decorating our tree, i ran across this lovely ornament made by lacee herself
i am unable to inform you if she made this from her favorite pair of fold over 1990 socks, or from a doily my grandma sewed.... but we continue to laugh at it and hang it on the tree year after year
she has only been gone 2 months and i feel like it has been forever
we have so much to talk about on christmas!


 i already feel like december is going too fast. i am already done with classes and now just waiting for my finals to be over with. i have got to pack in finalizing good grades, moving home (i pack so much so it will be interesting), xmas shopping, xmas wrapping, 3 family parties, work parties, two weddings, ice skating, watching every xmas movie, a snowball fight, snow angel making, skiing, eating without counting calories, and a tonsillectomy all in these 24 short days left in december.....

xoxo